Wednesday, April 05, 2006

This is an expansion of the study on the Home page. http://godheadstudy.blogspot.com/ There were so many texts referring to Jesus being subject to His Father that they would have been overwhelming for that study. Since there were so many, I thought that they should be posted somewhere for anyone who is really interested in seeing a more complete picture of the relationship between The Father and the Son of God.


Psalms 2.7

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Psalms 45.6

Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Psalms 110.1

A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Proverbs 8.22

The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. 8.23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. 8.24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. 8.25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: 8.26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. 8.27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: 8.28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:8.29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: 8.30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

Isaiah 61.1

The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Daniel 7.13

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 7.14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Matthew 10.40

He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Matthew 11.27

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Matthew 15.24

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 20.23

And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Matthew 21.37 (Parable):

But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.

Matthew 24.36

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Matthew 26.63

But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God. 26.64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Mark 12.6 (Parable):

Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son.

Mark 12.36

For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Mark 13.32

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Mark 14.36

And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

Luke 1.32

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Luke 2.49

And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

Luke 4.18

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Luke 4.43

And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Luke 9.35

And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Luke 9.48

And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

Luke 10.16

He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

Luke 10.22

All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the

Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

Luke 20.13 (Parable):

Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.

Luke 20.42

And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 20.43 Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Luke 22.29

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Luke 22.42

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Luke 23.34

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Luke 23.46

And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

John 1.18

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 3.16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 3.17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 3.18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3.34

For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. 3.35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

John 5.19

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. 5.20 For the Father loveth the Son, and showeth him all things that himself doeth: and he will show him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. 5.21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
5.22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 5.23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 5.24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 5.26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 5.27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 5.30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5.36

But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. 5.37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. 5.38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

John 6.27

Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. 6.28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 6.29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 6.37

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 6.38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 6.39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 6.44

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6.57

As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

John 8.16

And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
8.17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. 8.18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

John 8.26

I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. 8.27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. 8.28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. 8.29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

John 8.42

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 8.49

Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

John 8.54

Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: 8.55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

John 10.18

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

John 10.29

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 10.32

Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

John 10.36

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? 10.37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
10.38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

John 11.42

And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

John 12.44

Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
12.45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

John 12.49

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 12.50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 14.10

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

John 14.20

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 14.24

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 14.28

Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

John 14.31

But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

John 15.1

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

John 15.10

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15.15

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

John 15.21

But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

John 16.5

But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?

John 16.27

For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. 16.28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

John 17.1

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 17.2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 17.3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
17.4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
17.6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 17.7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. 17.8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. 17.9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. 17.10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. 17.11 Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. 17.12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
John17.18As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
John 17.21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 17.22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 17.23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. 17.24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. 17.25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

John 18.11

Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

John 20.21

Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Acts 2.36

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Acts 3.13

The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Acts 3.26

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Acts 10.38

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Acts 13.33

God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Romans 8.3

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

1 Corinthians 15.28

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Galatians 4.4

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 4.5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 4.6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

I John 4.14

And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Hebrews1.1

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 1.2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 1.3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; 1.4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. 1.5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? 1.6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. 1.7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. 1.8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. 1.9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Hebrews 1.13

But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Hebrews 2.7

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: 2.8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Hebrews 5.5

So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. 5.6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Hebrews 7.20

And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest: 7.21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)

2Peter 1.17

For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

1John 4.9

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. 4.10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Revelation 1.1

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Revelation 2.27

And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Revelation 3.21

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

As seen so far in this Bible study, there are only two divine beings.
They are not co-eternal in the sense that they have both been in existence from eternity past.
If Jesus is equal to the Father, it must be a granted equality because Jesus plainly states that, “The Father is Greater than I”.

To get back to main page click here: http://godheadstudy.blogspot.com/


No comments: